Friday, September 12, 2014

Fitness Friday

Happy Friday! This week has dragged by for me, so I'm looking forward to a nice weekend.

I plan to do a 3 mile run on Sunday to continue my success from last weekend. The same trail running group is meeting again, but it's farther away from my place. I just don't know if it's worth getting up at 6 am on a Sunday to drive 20-25 minutes to run, when I can just get up at 8 am and run in my neighborhood?! <internal debate>

I am working my second part-time job tomorrow morning, but am done by 1 pm, so I have no excuse not to fit a work out in before we do something fun on Saturday night. Since my weight loss has slowed a bit, I want to try adding something new to my fitness routine. I found the following workout via pinterest and it's from the blog Fantasmo. I think this would be great to combine my running with more body weight and heart-pumping exercises.


I'm debating whether we should do this at the gym in a controlled environment OR outside since none of this really requires equipment. We will just have to think ahead about the jump roping and tricep dips, but I think we can make it work outside! I think we can mimic the jump roping movement without actually having a rope and we can always modify push-ups to target the triceps.

According to MyFitnessPal, this workout would burn about 450 calories, so that's not too shabby!

What are your weekend workout plans? Let me know if you try this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but let's keep it positive please!