This Monday could be a lot worse though, so I'm choosing to stay positive today! J and I had a great weekend and it really felt like fall here in Florida, finally. We'll see if it can last.
Here's a quick recap of our weekend:
- Passed out candy to trick-or-treaters for the first time and we definitely had fun with it. You know you're old when seeing small children dressed up as princesses and ninja turtles is an exciting evening, but it's reality. The kids in our neighborhood all looked adorable and were all well-behaved, which was a bonus. Our dog, Cooper, even got in the spirit with some orange and black bandannas and greeted the kiddos.
- Our neighbors came over and passed out candy with us, because it's more fun to turn trick-or-treating into an excuse for adult fall-themed refreshments. I made SkinnyTaste's Hot & Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip and made crescent rolls filled with a pumpkin and cream cheese mixture. I probably should have added more sugar and chocolate to make them sweeter, but I was attempting to be a little bit healthy with my snacking.
- Saturday we watched the Florida/Georgia game and unfortunately the bulldogs lost...
- We warmed up the leftover shrimp dip and picked up some winter beer to enjoy while we watched The Neighbors, which was actually a lot funnier than we both expected!
- Sunday we were pretty boring with cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking, giving the dog a bath... you get the picture. BUT I am excited that the 21 Day Fix starts today and I got all prepared for it yesterday!
Here's a little motivation to start the week off right:
Yes! When I look back at pictures and even current pictures, this motivates me to not want to stay the same.
Seriously, I have looked at other blogs where they post their fitness warm up and it just makes me want to cry, THAT is my workout right now!
Such a good reminder. A lot of the 21 Day Fix is focusing on eating whole foods and no processed crap! I had some fast food last week and I felt so sick the next morning - this is your body's way of telling you that it's bad for you!
What did you do this weekend? Hope you have a great week!