Friday, October 3, 2014

Update

I fell off the blog bandwagon for a few weeks, it happens!

These last few weeks have been a little bit of a struggle for me to be honest. I would say that I have made healthy decisions 90% of the time, so I definitely haven't moved backwards in any ways. I've just been on more of a plateau and I need to kick myself and move off of it!

I have managed to lose a couple more pounds since my time in Columbus, but I need to remind myself that to lose 20 MORE (which will bring me to my ultimate goal), I need to focus on it every day. So by writing here, I am holding myself accountable to this.

Here's a little peak into my life as of late:



  • My trip to Columbus ended up being successful work wise and a total blast! As you can see on the left, I ate and drank well while I was there but managed to fit in a some calisthenics and 2 jogs with someone I met at our training. The highlight was definitely seeing my best friend! We did some shopping, eating and drinking ... the night may or may not have ended up with us in the hotel room polishing off a bottle of wine, cheese and Triscuits. When I weighed in a few days later, I was down in weight! I think moving as much as I could, making the best choices from what was available to me and drinks TONS of water helped.
  • I've been slowly getting back into my regular fitness schedule since that trip and some new athletic clothes was a nice motivation. My runs have been strong this past 2 weeks and I love running with my dog, he makes it a game!
  • The produce lately down in FL has been on point! I have been able to bring healthy snacks with me to work for when hunger strikes. LOOK at those tomatoes! Just gorgeous and from a local farmers market, so even better.
  • J and I were lucky to get away with another couple this past weekend to Orlando where they have a family home (note to self: make more friends who have vacation homes or boats). We hit up SeaWorld and it was such a good time! I felt like a kid again and we got in a ton of walking, which made me feel less guilty about having a few adult beverages that night.
  • I'm trying out a sample pack of Beachbody's Shakeology this week. Since I have been on a plateau with my weight, I thought I would give this a try. Several bloggers I follow and a friend from college swear by it! I'm trying out a sample pack right now that has one of each flavor, so I can figure out which flavor to order a month's supply of. I will keep you posted on it's effects and it definitely warrants its own post.
I will be back next week with my normal posts - I promise!

What have you all been up to lately? Any words of wisdom to get me out of this funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but let's keep it positive please!