Monday, October 27, 2014

Life as of Lately

These past few weeks have been difficult for me in terms of my health and fitness goals... boo.

I wrote about how I ran 3 nights in a row a few weeks ago. It felt like fall and I was feeling fit- the best feelings! Then I hurt my knee and it has been bothering me ever since. I had an MRI done last week and need to catch up with my doctor about the results. It has been painful enough that I haven't wanted to work out AT ALL! Which is so lazy of me, but it feels like glass that's about to shatter, so I have been trying to take it easy so it can heal.

I also haven't been eating 100% on track, but somehow by a miracle I haven't gained any weight! I think maybe portion control has saved me. Since I've started eating better, my stomach has definitely shrunk and I get fuller faster. Reminds me of the phrase everything in moderation. While I haven't gained any weight, I definitely feel more bloated and less toned. Those 2 things make a BIG difference when you're trying on clothes. I just haven't felt wonderful...

I had semi hit a plateau anyways, so this is a good opportunity to hit re-start and see some good progress before Thanksgiving. So how am I going to do this you ask? Back to good old MyFitnessPal and DietBet to hold me accountable, plus one new thing! Beachbody's 21 Day Fix.



I have seen a lot about the 21 Day Fix this year, since I regularly read Marionberry's blogs. She does these challenge groups and people see major losses, so I figured it was time!

Between the 21 Day Fix and SkinnyMeg's new DietBet starting, those bring me right up to Thanksgiving. If I hit my goal weight loss for the DietBet, it would bring me down to only 10 pounds from my goal weight!!! That will feel REALLY good!

I'm a little nervous about starting the 21 Day Fix, mostly because I cook big batches of recipes and I'm unsure of how that will fit into their container method. But I will keep you posted on that front. It also provides fitness DVDs with 6 different workouts and I'm really pumped for those! It will be nice to mix up my fitness routine and not just focus on running (especially with my knee).

Wish me luck!

How are you staying on track with your goals? Any pre-holiday plans to get in shape? General wisdom to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, but let's keep it positive please!